COVID-19 Info & Updates - Updated 24 Sep 20
On this page we will provide updates and guidance on how we as a club are addressing COVID and how we (Committee, Managers, Coaches, Players, Parents/Guardians/Carers, etc) all need to plan and take action so that we can continue playing football.
It is vital that everyone reads and understands all of the below. Unfortunately it is a long but very necessary read and will be updated on a regular basis, as and when we receive further guidance!
If you have any questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact the clubs COVID Officer (Sam Laing - SamL@owtfc.org) or the Chairman, Stephen Hall (StephenH@owtfc.org)
Thank you and KEEP SAFE.
Old Windsor Tigers Football Club committee
New Guidelines issued on 22nd of September 2020 by The Government, The FA and EBFA means we must set up QR Codes to 'track and trace' each attendee to every OWTFC training session and home game played on The Rec. This must be in place and used at every session from Thursday 24th of September 2020 until further notice. See tab on OWTFC website titled "COVID19 - track and trace" for more detailed instructions and guidelines.
On arrival at any home game or training session please check-in with the Coach to make sure you have scanned the QR Code before participating. If you can not get the QR code to work or do not have a smart phone - please input your details on the attendance form held by the coach. Thank you.
Latest FA/BBFA Guidance on Re-Starting Outdoor Competitive Grassroots Football
Updated 17 Sep 2020
1. RE-STARTING INDOOR AND OUTDOOR COMPETITIVE GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL - SUMMARY - COVID19 Guidance Published: 17 September 2020
2. COVID-19 SAFEGUARDING RISK ASSESSMENT GUIDANCE Version: 1.2 Published: 17 September 2020
3. COVID-19 GUIDANCE ON RE-STARTING INDOOR AND OUTDOOR GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL Version: 1.3 Published: 17 September 2020
4. COVID-19 GUIDANCE ON RESTARTING GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL providers of indoor and outdoor football facilities For Version: 1.3 Published: 17 September 2020
5. FIRST AID GUIDANCE FOR RETURNING TO OUTDOOR COMPETITIVE GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL Version: 1.0 Published: 18 July 2020
Latest EBFA Guidance (local affiliated league organisation)
Updated 4 Sep 2020
- Please click here to view/download the latest guidance
OWTFC COVID-19 Risk Assessment
Updated 15 Sep 2020
- Please click here to view/download the latest Risk Assessment
OWTFC Match Day planning and positioning on the Rec during COVID-19
Due to the proximity of other facilities in the public area we have our pitches (The Old Windsor Recreation Ground - called The Rec); we have carried out our own Risk Assessment at OWTFC and have proposed the below Layout and Plan to use on Match days where we have Home fixtures.
Old Windsor Rec pitch layout - Updated 9 Sep 2020
(OWTFC Managers, please print a copy and give it to the away team manager to show his supporters).
We ask all players, coaches, parents, guardians and any other spectators to adhere to these guidelines!
COVID-19 Symptoms to check BEFORE attending any OWTFC training session or game:-
If you have any of the symptoms listed below PLEASE do not attend any training session or game held by OWTFC. Call or text your OWTFC Coach/Manager and let them know and keep them updated on your progress.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- High temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- Continuous cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital if you have any of these symptoms. Get a test to check if you have Coronavirus and stay at home until you get your result.
Travelling to Training, or games (Home or Away)
We strongly recommend players do NOT car share on the way to training or games and keep their family bubble intact.
If a player cannot attend a game or training session due to travel issues - please advise your coach in the normal way (and decline the Teamer invite) to allow the Coach/Manager to re-schedule the game if there are not enough players available for that fixture.
We appreciate that in some cases people may give another player a lift to a game, as they may be part of your extended 'bubble'. We leave it up to the judgement of the driver and the other players parent/guardian to make the call (but again we stress that your health is more important to us than playing a game). If this happens please take extra precautions and an idea may be to have all people in the car wear a mask!
PLEASE TAKE YOUR OWN SANITISER, GLOVES, MASKS AND LINEMANS FLAG TO GAMES (home or away), in case you need it. If anyone enters the field of play during the game (ie. for first aid) - please take sensible procedures and use gloves and face covering if appropriate.
Other useful links:-
Click here to access the Government's website on Coronavirus (COVID19) offering the latest guidance and advice